The Kingdom Of The Bald Monkey

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Recording Every One Of Me

Well, the recording process is coming along. Putting down the percussion tracks went reasonably painlessly and now I have moved along to the vocals. I tried thinking about the different heads I have to wear in order to play the different parts of the music. The bass player is always nervous with sweaty hands wanting to get the parts down and have them be perfect. The keyboardist is like, "Wow that sound is like so cool. Let me see if that works in this part." The drummer is confident and can sit there and work out his parts and play them while thinking about everything besides what he is doing. The vocalist... Well, let me tell you. She can be a real temperamental, perfectionist bitch. But, so far, she has not killed anyone... yet. All and all, every one of me in this musical project has one thing in common and that is they all think that everything I ever did always sucked. That is why every one of me keeps on trying to get it right.

Council Of Circles News

In Council Of Circles news: The first CD of the resurrected COC will be a limited edition of 5 copies and will surface some time around the 8th of March. It will feature 3 twenty minute drum jams containing various parts. I'm still thinking over the title, so more information will be passed on later. Here is a tentative track listing:

ONE - 20:25
1. Rim Shotting
2. Staccato Jam
3. Funky Groove Zone
4. Kit Kick
5. Encircled

TWO - 20:27
6. 1-2 Kick
7. Swing City
8. Unsnared
9. Majestically Round
10. Ethnic Pulses
11. Epoxeta

THREE - 20:26
12. Cymbal Serenade
13. Don't Stop Me Now, I'm On A Roll
14. Primitive Percussive Passions
15. Hands With Brains Parts I, II, & III
16. Don't Brush Me Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home