The Kingdom Of The Bald Monkey

Friday, February 16, 2007

I Hope I Die Before I Get Old

Geezer Rock
I will be spending the evening of my 40th Birthday down in D.C. at the Corporate Communications Concert Hall where a special Birthday show will be performed by the musical group known as The Who. Myself and at least two others that share the same date of birth will be sitting in various places around the arena. I figured I that would spend the occasion of the transition from my 30's into my 40's with these guys because they are in their 60's and are still rocking. There is a lot that I can learn from them about growing old with a vengeance. There is also a lot to learn from their dearly departed members about what not to do. They are on tour to support their first brand new studio album since 1982 entitled "The Endless Wire." It's actually a pretty good CD coming from a band that's been around since the dawn of time.

New Music To Spring Forward To

I don't know how it happened or if it was all planned out this way, but all three of my favorite long followed bands and a few other artists I follow are putting out brand new studio albums within the space of a month. So, I'm sure that the month of April will be filled with change and excitement. If you read into music like some read into astrology or religion, this may actually be a pretty good year for me. At least when I'm 50, I can look back and say, "Man, a bunch of great records came out that year. Everything sucks now."

Counting the days away...

April 9 - Marillion - Somewhere Else
April 24 - Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
May 1 - Rush - Snakes & Arrows

Also in April or around then will be new albums from The Ark and Tori Amos. Later on in the summer, a new one from Bob Mould. To make it all even better, my musical tastes will become even more incestuous because Rush Guitarist, Alex Lifeson will be playing a guitar solo on a 17 minute song called "Anesthetize" that will appear on the new Porcupine Tree album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home