The Kingdom Of The Bald Monkey

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chasing Away The Winter Blues The BlowOff Way

This past week was cold, and I spent most of the time with Little Boy Max in my usual hibernation space under the dining room table with the portable heater blowing on us. Saturday finally arrived and Bubala had already stated earlier that he wanted to go to BlowOff this month. Now, the thought of sending my lover into the big city all by himself scares me a little bit, but the thought of all those BlowOff monkeys pawing all over him scared me even more. It was enough to bring me out of hibernation, for the evening at least, so I could be the one doing the pawing. So, we headed downtown.

First stop was Jimbo's for a pre-BlowOff meet up. It was a lot of fun. Just like last month. A home full of handsome men and their equally sexy party host is always a lot of fun. We saw some of the regular bloggers: Copperred, Clickboo, Cynically Optimistic who introduced himself and was very friendly. Durban Bud and his husband were there also with their buddy, Josh, who we had met on the river tubing excursion that some of us went on last August. (I remember Josh because he got my private vote for the sexiest shorts within our tubing group.) We also met a guy named Mike who Bubala and I both agreed was very handsome.

I also had a surreal moment at Jimbo's when some guy who I didn't know, who looked like a young Mickey Rooney with glasses, started spanking my ass only to find out that I wasn't the guy who he thought that he was spanking. He said that he was sorry. Man, just my luck. There were more than a few guys there who I wouldn't have minded at all if they had smacked me on my ass, and I end up getting mistakenly spanked by a total stranger.

The group of us left Jimbo's and made our way down the street to the 9:30 Club. It was empty at first, but quickly filled up. We ran into some more of our friends inside. Steve and Dale and Brian and Bob who were out with some of their friends. We were all trying to shake off the winter blues, I guess. Our buddy, Greg, showed up too which was nice since it was at Blowoff about a year ago that we first met him. Greg knows everybody. He has everyone's name and phone number in a fish bowl by his bedside. I also saw the cute "Piranha Sean" or "The Squirrel" as Jimbo refers to him, who I had missed earlier at the pre-party gathering. Missing in action though were Tos and Dumbek and Dinger. Where were you guys?

Unlike some of the other wallflowers we were there with, I was trying my best to rise up to the spirit of the evening and to move my body to the music instead of just standing there like a stiff white boy. I even got my shirt off for a bit thanks to Greg and Cynically Optimistic whose job it is to go around and make sure that everyone takes their shirts off. Much to my disappointment, he only got Durban Bud to cover up more with his sweatshirt though. (What's the name of that Kajagoogoo song?) The music wasn't that bad. Sometimes, it was interesting and rather trippy. Of course, I don't expect Bob or Rich to start playing music that you can twist to, so my dance movements will always be minimal.

All in all, it was a fun night, and you may see me there again some time. As usual, I left with Bubala because he's my man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dumbek said...

We were still getting over our colds from the previous week. We figured it would be best to stay away from the crowd a little longer. We'll be back next time, I'm sure. Sounds like everyone had a blast - as usual.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home