The Kingdom Of The Bald Monkey

Saturday, December 30, 2006

My Big Kissmas Present

The Little Drummer BoyWell, as some of you may have already learned from someone else’s blog, I got my big Kissmas present from Santa Peter. He actually made a special journey to our home a month early just after Thanksgiving to bring me my present. That way, I would be all ready to be a little drummer boy for Kissmas.

I had been considering new drums for a while and had narrowed it down to a few different brands. Of course, the drums had to be red. Other than that, I wasn’t too picky. And, so it was done. For the 25th anniversary of me getting my first snare drum, I got a brand new 5 piece Ludwig Accent set in "wine" finish with a set of Paiste cymbals and all the hardware for such things.

The reasons for this special Kissmas present? There are a few...

1. THE BUG - For some reason, I really have had the bug for drumming lately. I’m constantly air drumming to release pent up energy. I can’t sit still at times. I’ve become such a fidgety boy. I do believe that I have what Thomas Dolby once described in his song, Hyperactive, as "The Funk." (However, the late James Brown (RIP) would probably beg to differ with a white boy like me.)

2. ANGERMONKEY - This time of year, tensions can run high and people can get on your nerves. Like your boss, co-workers, lovers, boyfriends, families, friends or any of the millions of assholes that only venture out of their homes during the month of December. You can get out all of your angry feelings in a positive, constructive, peaceful manner on a set of drums. I highly recommend it for all the anger twinks of the world. If it doesn’t help with the anger issues, then at least they can try to appear to be butch by sitting behind a set of drums.

3. THE NEW NEIGHBORS BARKING DOG - We have these new mother fuckin’ asshole neighbors who have this new god damn fuckin’ bitch dog. And they are totally inconsiderate neighbors who leave their barking dog out at all times of the day and night. So, it’s nonstop yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap! Of course, this happens right outside of our bedroom windows. We’ve called the police. They don’t want to be bothered with it, and animal control could only suggest a couple of things to try, but didn’t really help much either. I am slowly losing my peace and my sanity. I could go postal and massacre the entire family in a bloody rampage at any second. So, after one night too many of being woken up at 3am (yap, yap, yap, yap, yap) Bubala and I put on “100,000 Years” the from the Kiss Alive album and listened to this really long Peter Criss drum solo and we got down on our knees and prayed. The next morning, there was a new set of drums in boxes there in the house.

4. THE COUNCIL OF CIRCLES - It was really time for the "THE COUNCIL OF CIRCLES" (that’s what I called my drum kit in the 80’s and 90’s) to reconvene in whatever new form it may take and ROCK once again. Bubala wants drum lessons too. Hmmmmmm... Do you think that I should also set up my old drum kit for him, and then we could form a trio and get that dog next door to be the yappy singer front bitch? We could be the next teen craze.

Drum Boxes
Anyway, Santa Peter just dropped off the boxes. It was up to me to put it all together. I don’t know if you have ever put a set of drums together before, but there is definitely some assembly required. It’s not like a guitar where you can just tune the strings and go. That is part of the fun though. First, you have to unpack the boxes and make sure that all of the necessary parts are there. Once you find all of the pieces, then there is a whole lot of screwing involved. It all seems worth it though when everyone... I mean everything comes together. Then, you can finally get behind the things and just have a great big beat off session.

Drum PackagesDrum Parts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home